Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hyatt Magnificent Miles (Downtown Chicago)

It was my second visit to Chicago, and first time staying at Magnificent Miles. (Last time I visited, i stayed at Hyatt Regency Chicago)

Magnificent Mile's location in downtown Chicago is fantastic, which is just couple minutes walking to main shopping districts and subway station. 

I stayed from November 22nd to November 24th. I was really surprised with the rate of room since it was right before Thanksgiving. Price was very cheap compare to that of New York City's Hyatts.

Rate for one night (Standard King) was $149 plus tax, but I got an upgrade for fist time. I guess my late arrival to Hyatt gave me an upgrade. Room was very very spacious with HUGE bathroom. 


InterContinental, Omni, Double Tree Hilton are very close to Hyatt Magnificent.


Driehaus Museum (The Gilded Age's Mansion) is just five minutes away from the hotel, which I strongly suggest to go. 


A lake from Northwestern University


Immediate sight after entered the room. big closet


After I saw this room, it took a second to figure out that I got an upgrade. 


Double sink!!! huge huge bathroom


very spacious which I can literally sleep in the bathroom


nice mood


big window


also spacious working areas and flat tv, which turns toward bedroom



it is quite close to office building in front of hotel, so be careful....

In the morning, I heard a noise from the window cleaning workers. He literally cleaned the window outside of hotel, which I had to keep my room curtained. 


located in downtown


good street view



On Saturday November 23rd, there was a Christmas parade in downtown Chicago. Lots of people were on lines, so I had to detour the parade line, which took awhile. 


Main shopping street is roughly 5 minutes walking from the hotel


parade



end of the parade with policemen on the horses


As I mentioned earlier, Driehaus Museum (The Gilded Age's Mansion) is very interesting and nice museum to stop by. 



there was Tifany Collection..wonderful


Pizzeria Uno's is also very close to the hotel, which is walkable distance


Uno's

Overall, very comfortable stays and perfect locations to those who do not have a car. very close to downtown and very reasonable room rate. 




No comments:

Post a Comment